Rochester Youth Hockey
2700 Brighton-Henrietta Townline Road
Rochester, New York, 14623
Rochester Youth Hockey (RYH) was established to promote and encourage athletics, physical exercise, and sportsmanship, in particular the sport of ice hockey, as well as to enhance the moral character and physical health of young boys and girls through organized athletic instruction and competition. We foster among our members, supporters and teams, fair play and sportsmanship, a general community spirit, and promote interest in the sport of amateur youth hockey in the greater Rochester area.
Our organization works diligently to provide quality coaching, competitive hockey and comprehensive training for all level of youth hockey at one convenient location – Bill Gray’s Regional Iceplex. Rochester Youth Hockey Inc. is affiliated with USA Hockey as a Tier I/AAA organization. Our Tier I Travel Teams compete at the highest levels in the United States and Canada. RYH also fields youth travel teams at the non-tournament AA levels, typically competing in the Western New York Amateur Hockey League.
Our Edge teams historically have attracted western New York’s most advanced female players and often compete for New York and USA Hockey's National championships. Our Edge program remains one of Rochester top programs offering the highest level of competition, competing in the Great Lakes Girls Hockey League. Many of our Edge Alumni have reached the D1 and D3 collegiate levels and, most impressive, have earned roster spots on USA Hockey's National and Olympic teams.
Our House program continues to grow and thrive; with teams at all levels including Initiation/Pony, Mite, Squirt, PeeWee, Bantam and Midget---ages 5 to 18. Our House teams compete in the Empire Amateur Hockey Conference and have captured numerous regular season and playoff championships in recent years. Our House coaches follow and implement similar coaching plans and strategies, as do our Edge and travel coaches.
Several accomplished hockey players have skated with our organization:
- Ryan Callahan - NY Rangers, Tampa Bay Lightning, US Olympic Team
- Brian Gionta - Boston College, NJ Devils, Montreal Canadiens, Buffalo Sabres, US Olympic Team
- Steve Gionta - Boston College, NJ Devils
- Derek Whitmore - Bowling Green State University, Rochester Amerks, Buffalo Sabres
- Kim Insalaco - Brown University, USA Under-22 National Team, US Olympic Team 2006
- Lyndsay Wall - University of Minnesota, US Olympic Team 2002, 2006
- Matt Lane – U.S. National U18 Team, Boston University, Rochester Amerks
- Connor Knapp - Miami University (Ohio), Rochester Amerks, Buffalo Sabres